READ THIS BEFORE UPLOADING!!!
Update Mar 23, 2011: From now on I will not provide warnings if the steps outlined here are not followed. Items will simply be deleted as soon as I see them. This gets really old people.
I want to stress to people uploading items to make sure you go back and edit the item you've uploaded to include a more complete description, keywords, summary, etc. But more importantly, to fill out the Usage field. You can find this field on the Custom Fields tab as you're editing your item. Select either Personal Only, or Personal and Commercial. These values tell how your uploaded item can be used, a very important thing! Protect your copyright!
Here is a more Step by Step process:
After you have uploaded items, navigate to the items one at a time and perform the following steps:
- Click Edit Photo from the left navigation menu (note: If you have uploaded a ZIP or something other than an image file, this link may say Edit Archive, or Edit Document).
- From the screen presented, you can refine the Title, Caption, Description, and Keywords of the item.
- Click the Custom Fields tab.
- Select the appropriate usage option, Personal Only, or Personal and Commercial, from the drop down list that will appear.
- 5) Navigate to the next item you uploaded and repeat from Step 1.
In addition, please make sure the title and summary of each item can word wrap properly, which means removing underscores or adding spaces to break up the title. For example, "Cool_Map_I_Made_With_Dundjinni" should instead be "Cool Map I Made With Dundjinni", as far as the title is concerned. Using the above for a filename is perfectly fine, but not for the title on the site.
Failure to follow these steps means your item(s) will be deleted!!
Please start a forum topic if you have questions about this.